Sunday 12 December 2010

Z Palette

After seeing these all over blogs for a few months I decided that I wanted one, and put it on my list of things to buy. A couple of weeks ago it finally worked it's way to the top of my shopping list and I purchased one from love-makeup.co.uk for £14.99.  I chose the large black one. 

 


I had so many single eyeshadows that I rarely used because I tend to reach for my palettes more. Plus they take up a quite a bit of space and I am struggling to contain my make up in its limited storage space. When I first looked at all my eyeshadows to depot I thought there is no way I will fit all of them into my z palette, so I did it one at a time as I didn't want any eyedshadow pans to be left without a home. To my suprise they all fitted in and I bet if I did some shuffling around I could squidge some more in there. 

I wasn't sure if I would need magnets, so I purchased magnetic tape just incase. However it turns out that I could put the pans straight in and the magnetic bottom of the palette had a strong pull and holds them very securely. All but one pan that was, a troublesome No.7 eyeshadow and seemed to have no magneticness so I resorted to my magnetic tape (£1.30 ebay) which did the trick. 

PROs 
- Clear lid so you can see your colours
- Nice selection of designs 
- Strong magnetic hold (no risk of eyeshadows getting loose)
- Having lots of eyeshadows in one place means you can see there potential to go with other colours you possibly haven't thought of 
- good storage solution 

CONs 
- expensive considering it is made from cardboard
- The cardboard is easily damaged (mine already has a scuff from being in the post) so not great for travelling with
- Quite heavy due to the magnetic bottom 


No comments:

Post a Comment