Tuesday 14 December 2010

First Elf Haul

Last week I placed my first elf order for the warm bronzer, the blush/bronzer duo, studio powder brush and the eyeshadow brush. I am especially chuffed with the powder brush (review coming up) and I am fairly happy with the blush/bronzer duo and the eyeshadow brush for £3.50 and £1.50 they can't really be sniffed at. The warm bronzer is currently residing on ebay as I hated it. I really wanted to love it though, I had done my research of course and read rave review after rave review about the bronzer. As soon as a got my packaged I ripped it open went straight for the warm bronzer and applied it on my face. Now I am quite light handed when appyling make up and it was dark and all I could see was chunky glitter all over my cheek. I do have issues with glitter on my face I am very sensitive to it there is a fine line between glowy and glitterball. Elf warm bronzer definatley fell in the glitterball category, so onto ebay it went. it currently has 7 watchers which is rising by the day so I am confident it will find a loving home. 
 The blush/bronzing duo on the other hand has earned a place in my blush draw. The blush side however is another glitterball fiend, the colour is a lovely coral/pink but then it has huge chunks of glitter in it which just sit on top of your cheeks. What is wrong with a matte blush I ask you? surely it is not more expenesive to make, it should be cheaper infact if they leave out the glitter. The saving grace of this duo is the bronzer, although I spied glitter chunks in this once swatched onto skin they do not show up at all. The finish is like a pearly glow, like one step down from shimmery but not matte. The colour is quite dark and pigmented which I like (darker than benefit's hoola) because then I don't have to apply as much. I feel like with hoola I have to cake it on to get a good contour. The tone is also perfect for contouring not too warm and orange. I have been using it everyday since I got it and can't believe I have found a great contour powder for £3.50, although I am still curious about sleek's contour kits! could they be even more perfect?
I am not sure how I feel about elf now, there were so many things I wanted about 3 x as much as I ended up ordering as I managed to restrain myself. I was planning to make a second order in the new year and try the mineral blushes, cream eyeliners, eyebrow kit and more of the studio brushes but now I am a little hesitant as cheap as it is the £s do add up quite quickly is it better to just get one expensive item? or 5 cheaper ones?   
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment