Thursday 16 December 2010

A Better Value Nectar Thermique?

I have been using L'oreal Studio Hot Straight for years now this is probably my 6th or 7th bottle. This really says something about the product because I am very fickle when it comes to beauty products and rarely repurchase something over and over again. I am not a fan of the spray heat protectants because I find they make my hair go stiff and lacklustre. Cream or milk formulas are definatley the way to go when protecting your hair, if anything it just feels like you are have a leave in conditioner in your hair. My hair feels soft and remains frizz free when I use this. I believe it is around £3.50 in Boots, I have noticed that the packaging has had a revamp and it has a slightly different name 'silk and gloss hot straight'. I purchased my current bottle at the discount price of £1, obviously reduced to make way for the new one. So I haven't tried the new one, I am hoping that the formula either hasn't changed or is even better. It always seems that when you love something they change the formula, to make it worse! 
Anyway as I have just mentioned I am very fickle when it comes to beauty products and I haven't been totally faithful to studio hot straight. I was watching a youtube video by FleurdeForce about her hair routine, the heat defense hair product that she used was kerastase nectar thermique which is for dry to very dry hair and has a 'thermo-protective heat-activated ingredient' which always sounds good to me. As my hair is naturally quite dry and frizzy I never say no to extra moisture. I had always wanted to try some Kerastase hair products because they seem so luxurious and salons use them so they must be good. This RRPs at £17.90 which I wouldn't pay especially as there are so many bargains to be had. I bought mine from activebeauty.co.uk for £13.95 including postage and packaging although if you did a bit more research I think it could be found a smidge cheaper. 
The first few times I used nectar thermique I was disappointed, it wasn't bad infact it was just as good as my beloved studio hot straight, but considering the price difference I expected it to be amazing, for my hair to feel like silk and have a mirror shine. Don't get me wrong my hair was soft and glossy but it just wasn't jaw dropping gorgeous. Both products are made by L'oreal and I did suspect that they were mostly just the same product but in different packaging and with a different price tag. Recently I have been using nectar thermique after every hair wash and I do love it, I think my main problem was that my expectations were too high, sometimes it is better to buy something having not read rave reviews before hand and not have your opinion clouded by other people's. Nectar thermique does feel thicker, creamier and more expensive (I should hope so!) when you run it through your hair but if you don't want to spend that much on the hair product I would highly recommend studio hot straight, I would also say it is better value for money. I think the nectar thermique would be better value at around £9.             
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment