Thursday 17 February 2011

Search for the perfect cleanser continues...


I have been very curious lately about micellaire solutions ever since bioderma sensibo has been appearing on blogs and youtube. They are very appealing to someone who can be a bit lazy when it comes to cleansing. I can be enthusiastic for a couple of weeks when I get a new product take for example hot cloth cleansing but when the novelty wears off it all just seems a bit of a chore.

I originally wanted to get the bioderma one but because I would have to order it online and pay postage and packaging bringing the total cost to about £20 plus the fact that I might turn out to hate micellaire solutions put me off. So I went to boots with an advantage card full of points waiting to be spent and purchased Vichy 3 in 1 Purete Thermale Micellaire solution for £10 or rather 1000 points. I did have my eye on the La Roche Posay one but it always sold out! (Must mean it’s amazingly good, possibly holy grail material!!)

I mainly use this as an eye make-up remover although it does claim to do three things
1. Cleanse the face
2. Remove eye make up
3. Soothe the skin – no rinsing required
I love this as eye make-up remover because it just feels like water. My eyes can be very difficult they go red, sting and water when most products are put near them, I have found that when I find a remover that doesn’t sting my eyes it isn’t effective in dissolving eye make-up quickly resulting in a lot of rubbing, which we all like to avoid because rubbing the thin skin around your eyes will just lead to lots and lots of wrinkles. I just squirt the Vichy on to the cotton pad so that it is mostly soaked then press it onto my eye and hold there for about 30 seconds or more, I then just do a couple of gentle wiggles with the cotton pad to dislodge any stubborn mascara leaving my eyes clean as a whistle and not pink, therefore no panda eyes to wake up to in the morning. It doesn’t irritate at all as it is alcohol free, soap free and colorant free, however it is not scent free which I am okay with but it can bother some people.

I have used this all over my face to cleanse it feels refreshing and is very effective at removing make-up, but there are cons to using this as a face cleanser such as you go through it so quickly because it is just like water (if only it was as cheap as water), it takes about three cotton pads soaked with Vichy to get a perfectly clean face. This product does leave a residue which I think helps to hydrate my skin but I do have fairly dry skin so if you where oily I could see how that could be annoying. I don’t think you should have to rinse your face because that is one of the unique selling points of this product is that you don’t need water which can actually cause your skin to dry out, I found this hard to believe until I didn’t use any water when cleansing for a few days and did notice a difference, that my skin wasn’t feeling like it was going to crack open with dryness.

When I finish bottle of Vichy I am not going to repurchase just yet as I want to give La Roche Posay and Bioderma a whirl first and have a battle of the Micellaire waters!

xx                   

No comments:

Post a Comment