Friday 18 February 2011

Everyday Favourites



Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Sand
I have been using this everyday lately, as I have been having a lot of breakouts, which isn’t normal for me, so I have been needing to conceal a lot. I love this concealer because it is so creamy which is great as my skin is very dry in winter and I find that some concealers can go on cakey and flaky therefore just drawing more attention to the area. I love the packaging of this as well with the cute little mirror not that I have ever used it, but it is good to know its there in case of emergency.

Stila Matte Eyeshadow in Kalahoo 
I have had this eyeshadow for about a year and only in the last couple of months have I realised its potential. It is a matte taupe cool brown the perfect shade for filling in my eyebrows, which are a medium/dark brown. I had been using Mac Brun eyeshadow, which gives a lovely strong defined look but is better suited to evening. I then saw a video by Lisa Eldridge who used Benefit Bossy on her eyebrows just to give them a bit of definition for daytime. I realised I had a dupe for that sitting in my draw and is perfect for filling in the brows more naturally and gives a gentler look.

2true Liquid Eyeliner in Black     
This eyeliner only costs £1.99 from Superdrug so I wasn’t expecting miracles, but it has actually surprised me. I find it easier to apply using a Mac 210 brush instead of the applicator it comes with, but what really impressed me is that this eyeliner lasts all day and still looks pretty much perfect when I go to take it off before bed.

Illamasqua Cream Blush in Lies  
This has been on my wish list for ages, I finally took the plunge and bought this in January as it was 25% off in the Illamasqua sale. When I saw it I thought that it too pink to be a highlighter but when you swatch it it’s a beautiful pearly light pink that just gives the perfect glow on the skin, and this lasts really well for a cream product, we all know that they have the tendency to slip away after a couple of hours but I could still detect Lies on my face eight hours after applying.

Illamasqua Highlight Brush         
This brush is amazing, it is super super soft and silky and feels like a cloud on my face. It makes highlighting fool proof as it is the perfect size for the top of the cheekbone and the synthetic brushes buff it in seamlessly.

Bourjois Eyeshadow in 90 Blanc Diaphane
I have been wearing this everyday in my inner corner to brighten and make my eyes look more spaced out. It is perfect has just the right amount of shimmer and blends out easily. This eyeshadow always makes me want to try more Bourjois eyeshadows, hopefully there are more that are as lovely as this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment