Wednesday 8 June 2011

Book Haul


I love reading and tend to hoard lots of books so that I have a big selection to choose from when I am ready to start a new book. I have a whole shelf dedicated to unread books in my bedroom. I have picked up some new (well mostly second hand but new to me) books lately and thought I would show what I had got. I love finding out what other people are reading and after watching a video by Lolasayswhat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgyDbuQ0AVI and also Gemma from Gemsmaquillage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMKQqKVChl4   I decided that I wanted to do some blog posts on books.   

I had a £10 WHSmith voucher and decided to spend it on books because I very rarely buy new books. I dithered for ages but finally decided on two books by David Nicholls 'The Understudy' and 'Starter For Ten' as I read 'One Day' by him and loved it. These were buy 1 get 1 half price!

I buy most of my books from Charity shops and yesterday picked 3 books for £1 such a bargain! I am starting to find that charity shops are getting much more expensive these days in some of the bigger 'chains' of charity shops books are £1.99 minimum. Eat Pray Love which I am currrently reading (and would recommend to everyone) The Other Women and Kiss like you Mean it, I picked up for 60p each in another charity shop.

A website that I would totally recommend for second hand books is www.greenmetropolis.com you can buy second hand books here for £3.75 or less (that's including postage and packaging), which i know isn't an amazing bargain but if you are looking for a particular title and don't want to fork out £7.99 for a new copy it is quite a good deal.  You can also sell your second hand books on their and make a few pounds to go towards your next books.

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment