Sunday 20 March 2011

What do you do if your favourite moisturiser doesn't have spf?



Last year I started to seriously think about the damage that the sun can do to my skin. I have always been one that likes to get a nice tan in the summer and so perhaps haven’t been as vigilant with spf sun creams as I should have been, especially with my face. I am 22 now, and I think that you should start to look after your skin with ageing in mind as soon as possible. Of course as we all get older our skin will show signs of aging but sun damage will really speed up the process. I have noticed over the past couple of years faint freckles all over my face that are a result of sun damage.

A lot of face creams have spf 15 in them but only protect against either UVA or UVB rays, you need to be protected against both or your skin will still be getting damaged. Which means really reading the small print.

So last summer I purchased Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster with spf30 which wasn’t cheap at around £18 but I felt it was an investment and if I didn’t do it now I would regret it when I was older. Now I have been a bit naughty and haven’t been wearing this over winter even though I know you still need an spf in winter, when you look outside and it’s all grey and gloomy putting on sunscreen is the last thing to pop into my mind and I just forget. But from this day forth I vow to wear this everyday so I don’t get caught out when the spring sunshine peaks out from the winter gloominess.         

No comments:

Post a Comment