Monday 5 December 2011

Dehydrated Face? Answer... Bio-oil




Bio-oil claims to be a miracle worker in being able to reduce scars and uneven skintones, I am not sure if it lives up to this I have never tested it on any scars you have to apply it religiously for 3 months to have any hope of seeing any effects and I am way too fickle with products for this, I like to dip in and out and not commit to anything! I am also a bit sceptical that this is way of getting to use lots of the product up and therefore repurchase. 

However this baby does work miracles on my dehydrated skin especially in winter, I’d have a face like a prune without it. No it doesn’t break me out, my skin loves it. Many people have seem shocked that I splash this all over my face and am still alive to tell the tale! I suppose because it is an oil, a very fragrant oil and it’s not a product specifically for the face, these factors on some people would cause a break out if they even looked at the bottle, but for me its fine and I don’t have completely resilient skin Mac Face & Body  is just of the things that causes me to erupt in spots. (which makes me so sad as I love this foundation) You just need to know your skin and what it can handle.       

I use this before bedtime (you don’t want to use this before apply make up it will just slide right down to your chin!) after I have cleansed and while my face is still damp I apply the bio-oil. (A damp face helps to the oil soak into your skin a lot quicker and more evenly) I will usually then apply a night cream on top as well for super soft skin in the morning. I tend to do this for 2 or 3 nights and then my skin is sorted out a treat, it can get addictive but it's not like bio-oil is bad for you slap it on every night if you wish! you never know it might actually work at evening out your skintone.  For reference my skin is normal/combination in the summer and normal/dry in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment